This is a sobering article, that shows research by M I T back in the 70s puts us on course for real problems in terms of consumption and mass manufacturing – as if we don’t really no this ! It makes for depressing reading as it belives it is too late to alter behaviour, and doubts whether governments have the power to respond. It is merely a case now of individuals planning and protecting themselves…
Tag Archives: financial crisis
Limits to Growth was right. New research shows were nearing collapse | Cathy Alexander and Graham Turner | Comment is free | theguardian.com
An immensely interesting article on Ross Wolfe’s blog, that will reward several re-reads. He offers a thorough critique of the writing of ‘Bifo’ (Franco Berardi) After the Future.
1 Comment | tags: collaborative creation, digital ethnography, financial crisis, future education, social movements, the future of manufacturing | posted in Digital futures, New ideas, New Manufacturing, Traditional Knowledge
Good to see educational alternatives springing up to challenge the status quo …
The new idealism of sharing seems to be fading a little in the harsh light of insurance and red tape … a little sad to read.
The warning bells are ringing clearly …!
It is often the poor or vulnerable who out of nesseitity – show us how we should live
There is an interesting building trend to reconsider organisations that were previously thought of in mechanical terms (companies etc running like well oiled machines etc) – in organic or more particularly biological terms. Biomemitcs – the post industrial metaphor …
- RT @RealSexyCyborg: Female Makers- if this happened in your city, how many if you would let it go without an explanation & commitment that… 14 hours ago
- RT @mediadirectory1: Director of #Marketing and Communications - Almeida #Theatre - £40/£50K - #London Apply Here: https://t.co/cUFdTMzqb… 14 hours ago
- RT @British_Design: Late night opening of On The Line: New Perspectives of Craft in SE Asia @TheAramGallery until 7pm every Thursday https:… 22 hours ago
- RT @roslawler: Tate Digital are hiring! We need a talented Snr Producer to work on exciting projects, film exp. essential https://t.co/gTR5… 22 hours ago
- RT @drkatedevlin: Come and work in a very cool department that I may be a bit biased about. twitter.com/goldcomputing/… 22 hours ago
lists …3D printing collaborative creation craft Critical Craft Design with ethics digital craft digital design digital ethnography financial crisis furniture future education idea communication Life saving Makerbot making mapping new ideas new manufacturing own toys skill social movements Spatial design the future of manufacturing the recession travel