This is a sobering article, that shows research by M I T back in the 70s puts us on course for real problems in terms of consumption and mass manufacturing – as if we don’t really no this ! It makes for depressing reading as it belives it is too late to alter behaviour, and doubts whether governments have the power to respond. It is merely a case now of individuals planning and protecting themselves…
Tag Archives: financial crisis
Limits to Growth was right. New research shows were nearing collapse | Cathy Alexander and Graham Turner | Comment is free | theguardian.com
An immensely interesting article on Ross Wolfe’s blog, that will reward several re-reads. He offers a thorough critique of the writing of ‘Bifo’ (Franco Berardi) After the Future.
1 Comment | tags: collaborative creation, digital ethnography, financial crisis, future education, social movements, the future of manufacturing | posted in Digital futures, New ideas, New Manufacturing, Traditional Knowledge
Good to see educational alternatives springing up to challenge the status quo …
The new idealism of sharing seems to be fading a little in the harsh light of insurance and red tape … a little sad to read.
The warning bells are ringing clearly …!
It is often the poor or vulnerable who out of nesseitity – show us how we should live
There is an interesting building trend to reconsider organisations that were previously thought of in mechanical terms (companies etc running like well oiled machines etc) – in organic or more particularly biological terms. Biomemitcs – the post industrial metaphor …
- RT @ArtsMediaJobs: Trainee Reporter - The Welwyn Hatfield Times - Welwyn Garden City Apply Here: themediadirectory.com/jobs-board/jou… #journalismjobs… 3 hours ago
- RT @JackieMorrisArt: Art can build bridges. This man's work shines. Why deny him a visa? @edbookfest will be poorer if he is not there h… 3 hours ago
- The best tweet so far this evening... twitter.com/shorterstory/s… 15 hours ago
- RT @Freya_Gowrley: Still lots of time to submit something for @katierosemary12 and I's special issue on masculinity and craft https://t.co/… 16 hours ago
- RT @WorthwhileRandC: Women of color who write: A great opportunity here! twitter.com/rgay/status/88… 16 hours ago
lists …3D printing collaborative creation craft Critical Craft Design with ethics digital craft digital design digital ethnography financial crisis furniture future education idea communication Life saving Makerbot making mapping new ideas new manufacturing own toys skill social movements Spatial design the future of manufacturing the recession travel